Sunday, February 28, 2010

John Coltrane My favorite things youtube video

The author of the jazz masterpiece A love supreme John Coltrane plays My favorite things in a video taken from youtube. Here are also some reviews about his album A love supreme.
This album quite literally provokes, and encompasses your complex perspective of cognition. I've heard many people suggest that music has a meaning, even in the absence of lyrical content. I've been playing instruments for almost a decade and never fully understood, or realized the potential of thought catalyzed by music and composure. This album has altered, if not inverted, my perception and understanding of this art form. It will do the same for everyone else I presume.

A love supreme youtube video : John Coltrane : Itunes reviews : My favorite things youtube


I will not make any prejudiced or generally ignorant statements suggesting that "all those who do not own this album are mindless", but I will say that you are making the right decision by giving this album - and John Coltrane as an artist- a chance.

This maybe my favorite album of all time- any genre, any artist. Crank up the stereo. Turn out the lights. Relax. Lie on your back in the middle of the floor and let the music take you to another realm. This is music in its most transcendent form. A masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment